Joshua 1:9

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Pray for Tural

Last evening, July 11th, the kids were outside playing and the dogs that are here at the house where we are staying, were barking like crazy. Tonya looked outside and saw Emilee & Jeffrey talking to a neighbor girl thorugh the fence. to keep the dogs quiet, she told the kids to go outside the front gate near the street. A little later, I noticed it was quiet and decided to go check on the kids. I went out the gate and saw a guy. He didn't look Ukrainian, but he started to speak to me in English. We introduced ourselves. His name is Tural and he is visiting from Azerbaijan. He met a local girl on the internet and has been here for about a week, staying with her family. He bought a one-way ticket and is not sure when he will return. He said I was the first American he has ever seen and talked to. I thought that was pretty cool! I taked to him about God and invited him to come to Bible study this morning and church this evening. He has never been to church. He came to Bible study this morning! We studied Rev. 1& 2. He paid close attention and read along. Afterwards, I asked him if he believed in God or Jesus and he kindly said, no. I gave him a New Testament. He does not seem opposed to the Bible or church. Please lift him up in prayer, bring him before God's throne. What are the odds? Meeting someone in Ukraine, who is from Azerbaijan? Pray that God will draw him close and that the Holy Spirit will lead him to the Truth. Pray that he will see Jesus. May God be glorified!


Be Disciples.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home